Choosing a UX Based Concept for my CMS

 For the CA2 main website I have an idea to build a website for a restaurant. I did research
for UX for a good restaurant website and the results are following:
  1. Ordering online should be simple and quick. The CTA button has to be visible on all the pages to start the ordering process at any
    time when browsing the website.
  2. Website has to have an efficient search bar.
    Some search bars are hard to find, some do not do a very good job, so I need to
    make sure it works as it supposed to.
  3. Rating and commenting features should be helpful for customers to choose their
    order. Before ordering food, it always nice to see what experience other people had.
  4. Location feature would make life easier and would reduce confusion.
  5. Using the website on mobile devices has to be as easy as using on the computer
    screen. The buttons, typefaces and images have to be an appropriate size and colour to be seen and easy pressed.
  6. The nutritional menu and ordering menus should be connected.
    Apparently on nutritional menu there is sometimes no CTA buttons and the
    customers have to go to the ordering section to start their order. That adds lots of
    confusion and more time to place an order.
I found some articles on the Restolabs and MeasuringU websites which explain the
importance of these features very well.

To make my website stand out I am going to use the Di Restaurant theme. It is rated 5 stars
online and I could not find any bad reviews for it. I downloaded it and installed it just to try
it and it seems it is working just fine.


I found some relevant plugins to use for my website:
  1. Plugin ReDi Restaurant Reservation.
    This plugin helps manage reservations for the restaurant and sends automated
    responses to the client.
  2. Five Star Restaurant Reviews.
    This plugin add five stars or numbered ratings to reviews and also allows reviewer to
    add photos
  3. WP Store Locator
    This plugin adds map on the website and allows an unlimited number of restaurant
    locations. It shows driving directions and distance.
  4. Search plugin
I was searching what code snippets would be appropriate for my website and I found a few
that I might use:
  1. Allow Contributors to Upload Images
  2. Automatically Link to Twitter Usernames in Content Redirect to Post If Search
    Results Return One Post
  3. Remove the URL Field From Your Comment Form
  4. Enforce a Minimum Content Length
The information about plugins, themes, and code snippets I found on the Wordpress.org and Wpexplorer websites.

The research helped me to gather some ideas and now I can better imagine my website project how it will look and behave.

Comments

  1. I left a comment on Kevin's blog post
    https://wondervisionxoxo.blogspot.com/2022/11/following-publishing-task-1-when-i.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

User Experience (UX) Explained for Best Practice Website Creation

Final Website Migrated, Plugins and Code Snippet Choices