Final Website Migrated, Plugins and Code Snippet Choices

 


In this post I will go through the process of migrating my website and explain which plugins and code snippets I used, and why.
After finishing my website I downloaded the All-In-One WP Migration plugin to migrate it to my online hosting. I used this plugin because I am familiar with it and the last time I used it worked without any problems. Unfortunately not this time. I exported my website from the local WordPress, but during the import to the hosted site it got stuck at 100%. After trying to import it several times I did some research and found out that it might be a problem with the new version of the migration plugin. The older version of the plugin allowed me to restore the website from the backup and I used that option to successfully migrate it.

The Hostinger site was used to host my website because it is a reliable hosting company with affordable pricing.

A theme I chose was very simple because I wanted to customise it myself. The lecturer's suggested Neve theme worked perfectly and, after deleting most of the features from it, I customised it to fit my website's requirements. 

All the plugins I use for my project were downloaded from the WP website to make sure they are safe to use. Plugins used:
    1. Block Editor Colors (to create and use a customised colour palette).
    2. DCO Comment Attachment (to allow visitors to attach images).
    3. Full Background Image Manager WordPress Plugin (to allow changing the background on the single page).
    4. MailPoet (to create and send newsletters).
    5. Menu - Ordering - Reservations (to add buttons for ordering food and for booking tables).
    6. Photo Gallery.
    7. Remove Footer Credit.
    8. WP Store Locator.

Code snippets were used for the following purposes:
    1. Display date on the post.
    2. Add Default Text to your Posts.
    3. Limit the number of characters in comments.
    4. Colored Admin Table BGs by Post Status (to aid in post organisation).
    5. Disable Links from User Comments.
    6. Disable automatic WordPress themes and plugin updates.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing a UX Based Concept for my CMS

User Experience (UX) Explained for Best Practice Website Creation